July 27, 2011

Of the Flesh

Hey Robins,

I have been morally opposed to eating meat for going on 5 years now. But recently, I met a romantic interest who I am really into. The only thing is he is an outdoorsman and big time carnivore. And the more I like him, the more I think that my vegetarianism is just a joke. I am wondering if I can put my morals aside to see where this leads or am I just overdoing this whole animal flesh thing. Any help is appreciated!

Veggie in VA
___________________________

Robin A says: Choosing not to eat animals is a personal choice. Your "morals" are not so strong if you are already questioning them.

Eating animals raised in uncrowded and abusive conditions, their purpose solely to kill for human consumption is one thing... having fresh shrimp or venison caught by the hands of your new love interest is another.

This is something you need to decide on your own. It may be permissible now, but 5 years down the road is his gutting that trout going to send you over the edge? You realize eventually you WILL be cooking the dead animals for him, right? 

The right guy for you will fit perfectly into your lifestyle.

* * * * *

Robin C. says: Replace the words "animal flesh" with "human flesh". Still hungry?
Why should he care what you are eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment