July 15, 2011

Back Talker

My three year old has gone from sweet to obnoxious overnight. Still adorable to look at, but he's such a sass pot that I would sell him to the gypsies. Traditional time outs do nothing, and I fear washing his mouth out with soap will leave our house permanently sudsy. Any suggestions to help him see four?

Sudsy in Seattle
__________________________

Robin A. says: I'll leave this one for Chamomile since I am not a parent and my first thought was pepper tongue. I've seen how that works and it's not pretty.
My next thought was a good stew...
Couldn't you loan him out to friends until this stage has passed?

* * * * *
Robin C. says: Ahhh, the 'threatening threes'. So much worse than the 'terrible twos'. You feel like your talking to yourself, right?

A nice glass of Chardonnay helps, you can even have some too. Since my kids were little, they made spanking a crime - so as a parent, you're pretty screwed. A good whack on the ass was usually enough to smarten mine up.

God said "Spare the rod and spoil the child". The law said "Let them get away with whatever they want, even if it pushes you to the point of driving your car into a telephone pole. This is OUR FUTURE and we wouldn't want them to think they aren't entitled!"

Drink a lot until he hits four. Four is FABULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment